Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day 32










Weight-313lbs




This morning I went to the gym to do cardio man was I sore! I didn't end up doing cardio on the high inclines like I normally do it was just too tough today. So I ended up walking the entire 20 Min's on a 12 incline which I am sure did alright for me, but I felt a little guilty either way. Yesterday's leg work out hit me in whole new area again Jon you did a great job focusing on different muscle groups within the larger group, thanks for coming up with the plan. Right under my glutes hurt which is a first. The best thing is even though I did squats yesterday no sore knees. Eating went well today I am cooking my last meal as I type (Salmon). Tomorrow I get to do upper body again. I love upper body workouts. I will probably get up fairly early so I can run some errands before the game tomorrow afternoon. I am feeling a little nervous about the game but with any luck they will play like they did during the MO Valley conference tournament, if they do they will win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig,

Technically you’re not hitting sub areas... but rather you’re working the same muscle at different angles with different stress points. Different exercises force you to apply the resistance at different lengths for a given muscle contraction, which in turn stimulates new muscle patterns that leads to strength gains and muscular uniformity... which in the beginning usually equals soreness.... in short you’re "hitting your quads differently."

Also… on leg days (or any other body part) where your really sore… make sure you don’t concentrate on burning out you’re muscles again with intense cardio sessions otherwise you wont recuperate fast enough and you start overtraining, which is as bad as under-training. Though, you body told you to cut back which is good to see that you did reduce the intensity of your cardio session. You shouldn’t feel bad about less intensity. Your body will basically burn up the same amount of calories running a mile in 4:00 minutes or walking it in 20 minutes. Just achieve the same distance if you can’t get the same intensity on days when you to sore.

Jon