Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 9




















Weight- 322lbs




So last night I had a horrible nights sleep maybe I should have layed off the coffee at 7 pm. Oh well. I got up a half hour late but still managed to get my workout in before work. It was definitely a good one too I hit the Stair Master/Stair Mill whatever you want to call it pretty hard. I didn't exactly follow the correct intervals however. Instead of dropping down to a 6 intensity after peaking out at 9 I kept going down to a 5 level and then working back up. Either way I was dead after 20 minutes so it went OK. I am excited for tomorrow I really enjoy doing upper body because I can push myself a lot harder than I can during my lower body work outs because of my knees. I think I am going to try to lift in the morning tomorrow I want to gradually get all of my workouts in the morning, I am just not a morning person.




One week left of classes at Metro and then on to Bellevue in April I am starting to get excited. I know that when that time comes I will need to really buckle down and study. This is something that my pose as a roadblock for my BFL Challenge I need to make time in other place of my life for the extra studying and not use it as an excuse to stop working out.




Tonight was kind of a rough night for me as Creighton lost to one of the worst teams in the Missouri Valley Conference, Illinois State. Chances are if they are going to get in the NCAA tournament they will have to win the Mo Valley Tournament.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig,

First off, don’t be too hard on yourself all the time, you should realize that, just like life, everyday and every workout isn’t necessarily going to be better than the last. There will be ups and downs…. trust me on that. The key is to shrive to always getting a good to great workout without sweating on the occasional rare bad workout. Even then, unless you’re overtraining, any amount of time improving yourself is better than no time working out.

Your issues with sleep are slightly troubling me. Like I said, restlessness is an early sign of overtraining and/or inadequate caloric intake. Sleep is just as, if not more important that your workout is. The reason being, this is the time when you brain shuts down and allows the body to start repairing itself (in a nut shell)… if you’re not sleeping well, then you will start to cut down your bodies ability to recover... subsequently pooper performance. Also I would recommend not drinking caffeinated beverages after 5:00 PM.

Long story short, my boss and I decided to make all the guys with sleeping problems (at my last job) quite caffeinated beverages cold turkey (at least for most of them)… after a ruff first week from caffeine, they all reported drastic improvement in the sleeping ability as wells as level of consciousness and awareness (basically they were thinking well). After quitting cold turkey, most of the guys never drank caffeinated coffee again.

I don’t expect you to quite coffee, since couple with this challenge is probably too much to quick, but you could reduce the amount you drink (if you do drink a lot) and only in the morning if possible (better would be before a workout… to pump you up a little). Also drink plenty of water all day long, especially during and after your workouts.

Friend and Aid

Jon

PS make sure you make your first few meals of the day are bigger on calories (exception’s being pre-meal workouts). I still not seeing the weight loss I would like to see on you. Though you are doing a great job with everything!