Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 13











Weight- 318lbs

You would normally think that 13 would be an unlucky number, however today I passed the biggest challenge for me as of yet. I was not in places during the day that I had access to good food but I made it through the day getting in all of my meals and workout. I met my parents at my aunts house today and my Dad and headed down to the Omaha Boat, Sports, and Travel show at the Qwest Center. Then back to my aunts house to visit for a while then back downtown for the Creighton game at 4:00 I didn't even schedule my meals last night I just knew I would have to get them in when I could get them in and I did which is good.









Ok, back tracking a little to my workout this morning. I really had to mentally struggle through my work out from minute 6 on. When I do the Stair mill I choose the speed minute to minute so I can get the intervals that work for me. I am in control and no one is pushing me but me. In high school I had coaches that pushed me to that 9 or ten now I am my own coach and it is a lot tougher to push yourself than it is to be pushed by someone else. By minute 9 I tried to convince my self to start the next interval at a 5 and peak at an 8. By minute 16 I was telling myself just three tough minutes left you can do it. Half way through minute 18 I was thinking about quiting there and going back down to a 5 to finish up. You can imagine how long minute 19 was for me it was probably the longest minute I have ever experienced, but it made minute 20 and the rest of the day so much sweeter!






Last week I felt pretty guilty about the free day but as of right now I am looking forward to it. This week was full of little battles and I won every single one and now tomorrow I am going to reward myself. I have lost 12 pounds and even better I can tell a noticeable difference when I look in the mirror. I am over half way to my first months goal!

No comments: