Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 8























Weight- 326lbs




Day 8... One week down 11 to go. (for this time around at least) Today was a really good day I was feeling kind of down about my free day, as if I was cheating the system somehow but really it's apart of the system. I woke up walked out side and it felt like 60 degrees, it was actually around 38 but much better than what we have been dealing with. Eating went really well today it actually felt good to get back on the "program." Work out at the gym today went pretty well I am still not hitting the hamstrings 100% but I will get there. On the other hand I really hit the Quads hard today on the sled. I got to the point I couldn't even finish 70lbs on leg ext. I think I have figured I need to readjust my weight on calves and not go up so drastically weight wise with each set and focus more on form because I am feeling it more on the lower weights than I am on the upper weights. Abs went ok I did them on the floor today because the rollers were full I seem to get I much better burn on the rollers but it's a marathon not a sprint, and the good thing is I do them again to end the week so I will have a chance to redeem myself.




Last night I was poking around on the Internet and found a great forum for people living the Body For Life program and it happens to be based in Nebraska. http://bflnebraska.com/ So I decided to introduce myself and pick some of the brains of the people who have been doing BFL for awhile. Well turns out they were having a meeting today and Jim (one of the moderators of the board) invited me to the meeting at Starbucks. I'll be honest I was a little leery he obviously seemed like a really nice guy but I've never been into the meeting type a thing. On the surface it seemed a little weight watchery, but I thought hey what do I have to loose? So after my work out I had my shake and headed down to Starbucks grabbed a coffee and kept my eye out for Jim. Well he showed up just a couple minutes after I did with his wife Tonia who also started out on BFL. It was really nice to talk to the both of them get an idea on expectations, intensity levels and such. Quickly seven O'clock turned to nine O'clock and it seemed as though we were only there for half and hour. I thought a couple of times surely these people will want to get back home to Lincoln but I kept asking questions and they kept sharing their experiences they were very gracious to take that much time out of their day for a complete stranger. I think just like Jon and my Mom who have been behind me the whole way they will be another piece of the puzzle that will get me to the 12 week finish line and beyond. In fact they sent me home with some great items one which I will put to use right away. They gave me a 4 disc DVD set that includes Body of Work which they described as life changing, Body for life success stories1 and 2 and How to Body For Life. I would like to thank both of them for all the help they have given me in the two short hours they spent with me today and look forward to getting to know them better along with all the other vets of the http://www.bflnebraska.com/ Thanks again and onward to day 9...

1 comment:

Jim Goodman said...

Craig it was awesome getting to meet you. It was very cool just getting to have the 1 on 1 for the entire time. When a lot of people show up there is a lot of time sharing and to get to answer your questions the whole evening was great for us.

You have some great goals and a great mindset - don't let anyone especially yourself talk you out of them or tell you to aim lower.

Here's to 1 seriously successful Challenge!!

- Jim