Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 6




Weight-322
I am really tired I didn't get a very good night sleep last night. I woke up around two and didn't fall back a sleep until around 5. So I didn't make to the gym on time which normally wouldn't be a problem but I wanted to fit most of my meals in before the Jays game. I missed meal 5 but what are you going to do.
Some of my friends are starting to find out that I am doing this contest and asking me about it. I guess its not to hard for them to figure out when I am drinking water at the bar. My friend Bill wants to go 12 weeks with me in our own little contest for a $100 dollars he is going to start on Monday. We are going to take before and after pictures and have some of our buddies girlfriends judge who has the best transformation which adds a little more motivation for me. I think Bill is hoping it will get him to the gym more often so thats good too.
Overall a pretty productive first week, went to the gym everyday and only missed one meal. I ended up loosing 8lbs this week which puts me ahead of the game for my 20 goal for the month. 1 week down 11 to go. Tomorrow is my freeday which means probably eggs in the morning, but Jimmy Johns for lunch and Peanut butter chicken for dinner mmmmm.... what could be better?I was planning on still eating pretty healthy on my day off but I am going to see how it works for me taking a true day off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig,
I just read your journal for the week. Yes, it does sound like a full time job but it will be so worth it when you feel healthier. Now if I can just get Dad to join in your fun. Glad to see Bill is going to go head to head with you. You've always been a competitor and I think your perserverance will win out! Way to go -- I'm proud of you!
Love,
MOM

WWJohnC said...

Hey Craig! I'm on day seven of my challenge as well. I saw your post on Transformation.com and thought I'd reply to you here. The free days can be a challenge. If you go all out it's possible to undo all of your hard work. I've heard different approaches to the free day. Some eat the same way they eat the rest of the week but just in greater quantities, some treat themselves to a single free meal, etc. I've tried BFL in the past where I went all out on my free days and it totally wrecked my momentum. I would encourage you to try one or two free meals with the rest of the day being BFL.

It looks like you're off to a great start--keep it up!