Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Week 1 Day 4

Weight- 328.6

Well today was the first day out of the "routine." I didn't have to work till 1pm today, I switched shifts with a guy at work so I can go to the Creighton Basketball game tomorrow night. So I worked out this morning, which I prefer but I don't want to get up at 5 every day to do it. Anyway I woke up around 8:45, made myself a Protein shake, vanilla, with OJ, And raspberry yogurt. I left for the Gold's around 9:15 to do my work out.

Leg press- 180lbs- 10reps, 270lbs- 10reps, 360lbs- 10reps
Hack Squat- 95lbs- 10reps, 115lbs- 10reps, 125lbs- 10reps
Decline Bench- 115lbs- 10reps, 135- 10reps, 155lbs- 9reps
Seated Cable Rows- 90lbs- 10reps, 120lbs- 10reps, 140lbs- 10reps
Reverse Peck Deck- 90lbs- 10reps, 110lbs- 9reps, 110lbs- 7reps
Curl Machine-55lbs on level1- 10reps, level2- 7reps, level3- 6reps
Tricep Extensions Dumb bells- 12lbs- 10reps, 15lbs- 8reps, 15lbs 6reps
Planks-Front- 38sec. Left side- 20sec. Right side- 23sec.

Overall it was kind of a frustrating day at the gym. It all started with the Hack Squat, which Jon had explained to me a couple of weeks ago. I forgot so I looked it up on the Internet this morning basically the bar sits on the ground behind you you squat down and pick the bar up all the while keeping it behind your legs. Well it looked easy enough, but when I attempted it I probably looked like a fool. There was no fluid motion on the upswing. When i squatted down everything was cool but as soon as I came back up, the bar drug up my leg from the back of my knee to just below my glutes. If I hadn't looked it up online before I went I would have thought Jon was playing some cruel trick on me. When I tell Jon about this I already know how he will tell me to fix it. NEW SHOES! This is not because I have old shoes, for leg lift exercises he has told me I should invest in a pair of flat soled shoes ie. Chuck Taylor's. I guess I will probably break down and buy some.

So after that fiasco everything went well until I got to the reverse peck deck. I think I was doing them correctly but not for sure not a lift I have ever done before. Oh well, either I looked like an idiot or a pro.

Well my legs are about as sore as they have ever been which I suppose is a good thing. I am trying no to over work them using less weight than I can handle because of my knees. My arms are a lot less sore than yesterday by next week the soreness should wear off completely.

So any who I got back from the Gym had 4 eggs 3 slices of turkey bacon and two slices of wheat toast along w/ a glass of OJ. (which reminds me I am out of eggs!) For lunch I had two chicken tacos, and for dinner chicken and rice. I had a banana a couple of hours ago, and I am not to hungry so I think nothing more for tonight. I will probably head to bed in a little bit its going to be in an early one tomorrow.

No comments: