Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Week 1 Day 3

Weight-329lbs

Well it's day 3 and man am I sore. I would say right now that my triceps are the most sore then next my chest, and legs. I woke up this morning much like yesterday around 6:45am I had Three eggs 2 strips of Turkey Bacon, the headed off to work. For lunch it was Chicken, rice and California mix vegetables. I find that I eat the same thing over and over just because its easier. Around 3:45 I had a Vanilla Protein shake. I went to the gym about 5:15 and started my work out.

Squats- 125lbs- 10, 135lbs-10, 145lbs- 10
Cable Flys- 45lbs-15, 55lbs-12, 60lbs-9
Dumb bell Shrugs- 25lbs- 16, 55lbs- 12, 65lbs- 10
Cable Front Raises- 15lbs- 10, 20lbs-10, 25lbs- 10
Narrow Grip Bar- 55lbs-10, 65- 10, 75-10
Skull Crushers- 45lbs-10, 55lbs- 10, 65lbs- 10
Standing Sled Calves- 200lbs- 15, 220lbs- 12, 240lbs- 10
Back Extensions- 3 sets of 15

During my workout out I saw a lady fall I was one second too far ahead to catch her. She was working with a personal trainer it was probably her first time at the gym. He was showing her an exercise basically just stepping up on a 12" box and back down. He did it a few times then told her to do it. I was walking by just as she was stepping up on the box. She had both feet up on the box, lost her balance and did a Nestea plunge on right on the gym floor. The crazy thing is her trainer was right there and he didn't even make a move to catch her. She seemed to be all right so that is good.

Well I got my body fat tested today to get an idea of where I am at. My body fat is 34.6% which obviously is high, anything over 28% is unhealthy, hence the reason to get in shape. That means my 100% (lean weight no fat at all would be 216). Body builders compete at around 5-8% body fat. Obviously that would be a good goal for the contest, but I would probably be happy with anything around 10%-15%. So at 10% body fat right now I would be 248lbs which is probably a good weight for my frame. Now over the course of the next few months I will also be gaining muscle so that number will go up probably to the 260's. I guess we will have to see.

When I got home from the gym I made Chicken and rice again. (surprise surprise) It is boring to write about it over and over again but it really doesn't bother me. I think however I will take my two days off and eat regular stuff. I don't think Jon wants me loosing too much weight right now anyway. The reason I eat the same thing over and over is I know I am getting enough protein to gain muscle mass, and I don't have to think up creative menus, for each day. Basically, It's a lot easier. While I was waiting for the Chicken and rice to cook I made a protein shake with Strawberry Whey protein, OJ, and way too much yogurt. Later I had ate the chicken rice now I am hungry again, I think I will have an orange. Until tomorrow!

No comments: