Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 56

Weight- 262lbs

This morning I woke up early to go do a stadium workout w/ Jon unfortunately the UNO's football team was using the field so we decided to go after climbing. I had a tough time on the climbing wall today I was trying a one of the harder routes that I tried last week and didn't make it too far. Jon was right I really focus to much on my hands and not enough on my feet, it is a learn process I suppose. after the "real" climbing Jon and I tried to jump up and grab on to the "Dynamo" Basically it is a hold near the floor that you try to jump off of and reach a hold that is about 10 feet up the wall. I couldn't do it on the run but was able to do it by standing at the bottom of the wall and jumping up off the hold. Then we had a little chin up contest off of the hold. First I did 3 then Jon did 13 (show off). One of the girls that worked there was taunting me to do 5 so I tried again and was able to squeeze out 5. I honestly didn't know if I could do one unassisted chin up let alone 5 so that was a pretty nice surprise.

After the climbing we headed to the stadium and did our workout it was pretty intense my legs were killing after my LBW yesterday. This is what it consisted of.

25x push ups
2x High steps up the stadium stairs
1x lunges 30yds
20x dips on a bleacher
30sec front planks
5x tire flips
3x 30yard side shuffle
30yrds reverse lunges
2x sprint stadium stairs
1x 100 yard sprint
then we did it again.

I was dead but felt so good after a shower. After my shower and a quick Myoplex my roommate and I went around looking for a sponsor for our Rugby team. Sounds like the Marleybone is interested so that is great news with our season starting in 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig,
Hey it's been a long time since I've been checking on you...and you're still doing great. Rock climbing huh, that sounds dangerous. I can't believe how intense your workouts have become. I am hanging in there going to the stinky weightroom at 5 a.m. You are my inspiration so keep up the good work!
Love,
MOM