Monday, April 23, 2007

Day 71






Weight- 299lbs




Today was filled with many challenges and everything went pretty smoothly. I didn't have to work today because someone at work wanted to switch schedules around with me so I will have to work Saturday for him. So with the day off I decided to go turkey hunting. I woke up at 3:48 one minute before my alarm was to go off, I was pretty excited. I met my brother at 5am at his apartment in Blair and then we headed to De Soto Bend to set up shop. It was very peaceful, translation we didn't even see any, but we did have a small deer hang around us for a while which is always cool to see. We packed up around 8:30 and headed back to his apartment. My brother let me use his ID to get into the Y so I could do my upper body workout while he went to class and I met him back at his apartment after I was done around 11. I had to change some stuff up because they didn't have all the machines I usually use, but it was nice for a change of pace. Normally I hit 10's on my curls all the time but the weights actually seemed unusually light so I had to up my weight for the last couple sets which is great. We hung out for a few hours and then around 3 went back out to De Soto. We set up near a cornfield hoping to find them feeding. We sat there for a 45 minutes or so and then all of the sudden about 140 yds to the East I saw something come out of the cornfield. Now were talking I thought and nudged my brother, he grabbed the binoculars and took a peek. We were so excited, turns out it was just a house cat. He came within about 10 feet of our blind to check out our decoys so we moved around a little to scare him off. We packed up around 5:45 and headed home skunked again. The great part about bow hunting is that your just out there sitting quiet and listening to nature, even if you don't get anything, its fun. At least we came home with a story. My brother said it best today, "It's like free therapy"

No comments: