Monday, February 5, 2007

Week 4 Day 1

Weight- 336lbs

Well I am holding my weight on a pretty tight cycle, by the end of the week down to 330 then take two days off of eating good back to 336. I can't wait till the contest starts on the 12th so I can start loosing. This morning I woke up and put a omelet w/ turkey bacon in the rice cooker so it would be done after I showered. I packed my breakfast and went to work. I got to work toasted my toast and headed to my desk. In between breakfast and lunch I had some peanuts. For lunch I had I chicken breast salad. In the afternoon I had some more peanuts and a protein shake. When I got home from work I messed around on the Internet for awhile then had a Whey protein shake with Frozen Strawberries, Blackberries, and Apple Juice. Then I wen to work out...

Leg Ext.- 140lbs-10reps, 160lbs- 10reps, 180lbs- 10reps
Leg Curls-110lbs- 10reps, 130lbs- 10reps, 150lbs- 10reps
Bench Press-135lbs- 10reps, 185lbs- 10reps, 205lbs- 11reps
Dumbbell Rows-35lbs- 10reps, 45lbs-10reps, 57lbs- 10reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press-50lbs- 10reps, 55lbs- 10reps, 60lbs- 10reps
Hammer Curls- 25lbs-10reps, 30lbs- 10reps, 32lbs-8 reps
Seated Overhead Ext-60lbs- 10reps, 70lbs- 10reps, 80lbs- 10reps
Seated Calves-90lbs- 10reps, 125lbs- 10reps, 160lbs- 10reps
Ab Roller-45reps, 25reps, 20reps

This was one of my better workouts. I really got going starting with my bench press today. I had done 10 reps for my first two sets of Bench Press. When I got up to 205lbs on my 3rd set I thought I should get a spotter so I could push through all 10reps. So I asked this guy near by in probably in his upper 50's if he would give me a spot. He said, "sure, how many are you trying for one?" I was kind of offended he thought I would only be able to put up one. I told him no I am going to try for 10. So I popped off the first 6 fairly easily and then became slower. I got through my 10th rep with no help, and thought, screw it I am going to throw up one extra to show this old guy. That really set the tone for my workout. I left Gold's and came back home threw some chicken and rice for tonight and tomorrow's lunch in the ol' rice cooker and watched some TV. I guess that leads me to now, it is time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig,
Sounds like a great contest. When does it start?
P.S.

JonnyD said...

Craig,

Next time any old man who's spotting you doubts your abilities, that is any time pertaining to strength when working out, specifically the testosterone laden world of bench press, you tell that old man “here, catch!” Then as you’re saying this on your last rep, you hoist that weight loaded bar into the air and backwards at that skeptical sack of aging douche bag flesh. That’ll teach them to doubt your new achievement, as it slams them down and helps their pelvis create a new divot hole the gym floor.

That’s probably what I would have done….Though apparently your decided to take the higher road…. Kudos to you.

You trainer and devils advocate

Jon

PS I read everything up till this posting, so I’ll start posting more often now. Everything looks good so keep up the good work.